If you’re reading this review, chances are that you have been searching and researching and searching some more for the best essential oil diffuser on the market.
But just in case you stumbled upon this review by accident- essential oils are highly concentrated liquids derived from flower, root, seed, nut, rind, leaf, or bark of a plant. I, as well as many others, have found these little bottles of liquid gold to be extremely effective in mood stabilization, as well as in the prevention and treatment of some physical conditions.
**As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission, at no extra cost to you, on qualifying purchases.
In case you’re on the fence about oil diffusers:
1. They are EVERYTHING when it comes to a natural approach of boosting the immune system and preventing ailments
2. QUALITY MATTERS, (which is not something that I always say. I do eat Ramen noodles on occasion, haha.)
3. You do not have to pay an arm and a leg for a quality diffuser. Lots of brands claim to be the best on the market, when really they are offering no more than minimal performance…while charging an unnecessary high price.
Roll with me through the pro’s and con’s of four diffusers that i have found to be heavy on the performance and features, and light on the false advertisement and price.
Here is a chart with a quick overview of the essential oil diffusers that we will review.
1. UR Power Essential Oil Diffuser
Overall Rating: (3 / 5)
- The container capacity is quite large. With a full container, the mist can last anywhere from 6 to 12 hours.
- Has a very pretty, natural wood-grain look.
- Can double as a humidifier
- Has 7 color changing LED lights. You can also keep it on one light color only to prevent distraction if you’re planning to use the diffuser in office.
- it runs pretty quietly. Ideal for bedroom.
- There are 4 different running time options. 1 hour/3 hours/6 hours/continuous
- You can control whether the mist is set to low or high
- There is an auto shut-off function to avoid fire hazard.
- Seems to put out a pretty strong fragrance from the oils, without requiring you to put too much oil in.
- The cord plugs into the diffuser UNDER the base. Not sure why…but it makes it difficult to fill the container directly, because you’re going to be spilling water while trying to position it.
- There is a beep when it turns off. If you are a light sleeper and have it running in the bedroom, this is kind of annoying.
- The user manual is not very helpful
- The light does not turn off when the diffuser is in use.
- Also, it produces some condensation that can settle on the surface that you have the diffuser setting on.
2. Asakuki 500 ml Essential Oil Diffuser
Overall Rating: (4 / 5)
- The container capacity is a whopping 500 ml! That could probably run or around 12 hours if the setting was on low.
- There are also 7 LED colors on this diffuser. And the light is BRIGHT, ya’ll! If you like a bright night light, or just like the pretty colors, this one is for you!
- Auto shut-off feature to prevent fire hazard.
- There are multiple mist level settings
- Composed of eco-friendly materials and produced in quality control environment
- There is a 1-year warranty, and a 6-month money back guarantee on this diffuser
- This diffuser also has different settings to control how long you would like it to run
- It can make kind of a loud sound sometimes. Almost like a buzzing.
- The mist will stop functioning correctly sometimes, but usually goes back to working again. (Might be a technical glitch).
- There is a slight bit of a musty smell if not cleaned very regularly (which should be done-with vinegar- anyway to avoid a build-up of crust in and around diffuser.)
3. Art Naturals Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
Overall Rating: (4 / 5)
- You guys know I like free stuff! This diffuser comes with 8 essential oils to try out! This is a big plus if you are not very familiar with the oils and their scents and functions. There is also a recipe book included! WHAT?! It tells you what oils to combine for certain desired effects, such as stress relief, and how to wind down after work.
- Ultrasonic mist technology (This helps to diffuse the oils evenly and effectively)
- Auto shut-off feature to avoid fire hazard
- Has timer settings of 1 hour/3 hours
- 7 LED colored lights, or you can choose to keep it on one color.
- There is a 12-month warranty, and money back guarantee
- BPA Free materials
- You can shut the light off
- The container capacity is only 150 ml, so the very maximum running time is around 4 hours. Not great if you want to run the diffuser the entire time you are sleeping.
- The oils are not proven to be 100% pure.
- Several users have reported that the oils have leaked a bit, and that there was damage upon arrival.
4. Vitruvi Stone Diffuser
Overall Rating: (5 / 5)
- This diffuser is definitely an upgrade from the beginner diffuser in terms of materials. It is made of handcrafted porcelain, and has a matte finish
- It has a very sleek, modern design. Very pretty
- It has 3 time settings: 3 hour/7 hour/continuous
- It has ultrasonic technology (vibrations without heat), in order to ensure that the oils are distributed evenly and consistently. This is actually a pretty big deal, because there are a lot of cheapo diffusers out there that will distribute all the essential oil within the first 15 minutes, and then it is basically just mist coming out.
- The light is optional (one warm colored light)
- It is very easy to take apart and clean. Also, a great thing to keep it functioning properly.
- There is a manufacturer’s warranty. They are a little hesitant to tell you what it is though, unless you request a copy of it. But there have been quite a few people that have gotten a replacement diffuser with absolutely no problem at all because the customer service is top-notch.
- The tall, narrow design makes it easy to fit lots of places
- BPA free material
- This is the smallest container of the four- only 100 ml. This would result in a shorter continuous running time.
- It seems like you need to add a bit more oil to this diffuser to get the same amount of diffused scent. It is really better for a small space like a bedroom or office.
- This diffuser is at the top of the price list. In my opinion, what you are paying for is the look, the material, the customer service, and the quality of actual diffusing.
Well there you have it, fellow Oil Junkies!! A review of a few diffusers that, in my opinion, are worth the money for the quality.
Don’t know any good oil blend recipes? FOLLOW THIS LINK to see my favorites!
A couple of things to remember:
1. Always use distilled water in your diffuser. You don’t want a bunch of build up from hard water compounds to ruin the diffuser.
2. Begin with just a few drops of each oil. You don’t want your space to smell like a spice cabinet.
3. Always, ALWAYS check the user information on each oil before diffusing. Some oils are best not used in a diffuser (ex. black pepper), and you don’t want to hurt yourself! Stay safe guys!
Thank you for stopping by, and have a wonderful time using your new essential oil diffuser!
What is your favorite oil to diffuse? Leave a comment below with an oil or recipe that you love!
Have a blessed and beautiful day!