Hey There, Gorgeous!
How many of us have tried making the switch to a natural deodorant and quickly decided it was a terrible idea?
Well, despite the countless shirts lost to armpit stains and the needing to stow my deodorant away in my purse at all times during the transition… I didn’t give up, and I emerged on the green side, cleaner, less stinky, and more confident than ever that it can be done, girls!
I have come up with a list of deodorants without aluminum that work, and I’m going to share that list with you in this article!
**As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission, at no extra cost to you, on qualifying purchases.
Why Do I Even Need To Switch?
If you are using a big brand name that is both an antiperspirant AND deodorant…you’ve got your first reason.
The ingredients that make your deodorant an antiperspirant are delivering on their promise. But, ladies, this is NOT a good thing.
Essentially, the pores in your underarms are being clogged and backed up, making it impossible for the natural amount of sweat to come out.
This might be beneficial in the moment, but it is actually causing MORE underarm odor by blocking the good bacteria from emerging, and it is locking toxins into your underarms, which in turn can be absorbed into the body.
And, just to set the record straight – there are many rumors circulating that high levels of aluminum in the body could greatly increase the risk of Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
There is no solid scientific evidence supporting this.
HOWEVER, with the rumored possibility of aluminum causing horrific diseases raring its ugly head, more attention has been given to the OTHER harmful ingredients in deodorants and antiperspirants which include but are not limited to:
- Parabens (sometimes mistaken by the body as estrogen)
- Triclosan (classified by the FDA as a pesticide)
- Propylene Glycol (made from ethylene glycol. If you watch Snapped, then you know that this is what women use to try to rid themselves of their husbands. Antifreeze.)
Natural, aluminum free deodorants not only DON’T contain any of these harmful ingredients, but they DO contain nourishing ingredients for the sensitive underarm skin, such as:
Sounds delicious. And if I’d eat it, I’d put it under my arms ?
So, that being said, let’s look at some very effective natural deodorants!
1. Underarmed Natural Aluminum Free Deodorant
This deodorant is, of course, aluminum free, has several wonderful scents to choose from, and has a 30-day money back guarantee.
If you hate it, just return it. But you probably won’t ?
Plus, the packaging is very pretty and elegant.
2. Vanicream Deodorant
This deodorant is the best for sensitive skin. It does not cause any sort of irritation or rash, and has no scent at all.
It also contains no baking soda, which has been known to cause painful rashes under the arms.
3. Explore Naturals Performance
Dairy free, gluten free, and soy free.
This one comes in several great scents such as Coconut Delight, Cypress Breeze, Rose Garden, Sea Sage, and Vanilla Clementine (which smells like Orange Creamsicle?)
4. Beauty By Earth Natural Deodorant
This deodorant is the longest lasting when it comes to intense workouts and heat.
Lasts all day, and doesn’t usually need to be reapplied.
It is made with all premium organic ingredients, and comes with a money back guarantee.
5. Schmidts Natural Deodorant
Ladies, this is what i have been using for the better part of a year. It is amazing.
It goes on very easily, unlike other natural deodorants, especially the crystal kind ?
The scent lasts a very long time, and doesn’t mask body odor.
It is also smooth and creamy and hasn’t caused any form of rash on my underarms.
Plus, it is one of the cheapest natural deodorants!
Tips For Going Natural
- Warm the product up against your skin before applying. Simply press the deodorant into your underarm and let it warm with your body temperature. If the product has a lot of coconut oil in it, it just needs a second to warm up to become smooth and creamy
- DO NOT OVER APPLY. This is a big, rash causing mistake, ya’ll. Just because it is natural does not mean you need more for it to be effective.
- Keep in mind that your body might need to detox a bit from all the toxins kept inside by the aluminum deodorant you were previously using. It would be a good idea to carry your new deodorant with you for the first week or two while you are detoxing, just in case you need to rinse and reapply.
- Exfoliate your armpits in the shower while you are detoxing. This will speed up the process. Here’s a great sensitive exfoliator.
- You might excessively sweat the first few days of detox. Don’t sweat it 🙂 it won’t last.
- Try different scents if you are unhappy with one. Try unscented if scents aren’t working for you. Everyone has different chemistry and scents will work and smell differently for everyone.
Don’t Give Up!
Trust me, I am thrilled that i have found a wonderful natural deodorant that works.
I feel better about wearing it, and I can tell a HUGE difference in the amount of sweat and odor.
Give it a try, girls!
Here’s to a fresher, healthier you!
Which natural deodorant works the best for you!?
Let me know in the comments!
Want to learn how I went from stay-at-home mom to bringing in a steady stream of income while working from home?
Click on the link above to learn how simple it is to get started, and how you can do it too! No experience OR credit card required!
Have a beautiful and blessed day, Lovelies!